This privacy statement applies to:
The Dating Scholar
And their website thedatingscholar.com
Referred collectively in this document as The Dating Scholar.
The Dating Scholar is responsible for the personal information collected.
Personal information processed by The Dating Scholar
Examples of personal information that may be stored:
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Still images and moving images
GDPR in a nutshell
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the strictest privacy and security law in the world. Although it was drafted and adopted by the EU (EU), it imposes obligations on organizations anywhere, as long as they target or collect data related to individuals in the EU. The regulation came into effect on May 25, 2018.
Further down in this document, you can read among other things which personal information we collect, how we handle it, how we protect it, and what rights you have regarding your personal information.
What is personal information?
Personal information is all that directly or indirectly can be linked to you as an individual, for example, name, email address, phone number, and login details.
Why do we need to process your personal information?
The Dating Scholar primarily uses your personal information for the following purposes:
- For marketing purposes to potential customers
- Manage and handle customer accounts
- Prevent misuse of The Dating Scholar's services
- Provide services according to the agreement with the client.
- To provide the customer with necessary and relevant information
This is to ensure the client's experience of our services is as good as possible. We do not store your personal information longer than necessary. For customers who have enrolled in courses at The Dating Scholar, personal information is stored for up to two (2) years after the end of the course unless there are no longer sufficient legal reasons to store the data for a longer time. For customers subscribing to The Dating Scholar's emails, the data is stored until the customer has unsubscribed from the emails.
How do we collect and handle your personal information?
We want you to feel secure in our processing of your personal information. For that to be the case, it is important to us that you understand how we collect and handle your personal information.
You primarily provide personal information that we collect about you in the following situations:
- When you register for a course on thedatingscholar.com, or with a member of the The Dating Scholar team.
- When you agree to receive The Dating Scholar's emails.
- Upon contact with The Dating Scholar via email or a digital meeting.
- When you participate in digital meetings, for example, coaching conversations or live seminars.
The browser or device you use often allows you to control the general settings for the use and extent of cookies. Navigate to the browser or device settings to find out how to adjust the settings for cookies. You can choose to block all cookies, only accept first-party cookies, or delete the cookies that are stored when you close the browser or device. Be aware that some of our services may not function optimally if you choose to block or delete cookies.
- Correction - If your personal information is incomplete or incorrect, you have the right to request that this information be corrected.
- Withdrawal of consent – If you have consented to our processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
- Register extract – You have the right to request a response to whether we process your personal information or not. If we process your data, you have the right to see which information we process through a register extract.
- Marketing – You have the right to object to the processing of personal information for marketing via email. (To unsubscribe from marketing emails, email "firstname.lastname@example.org" and tell us your email address and that you want to stop receiving marketing emails.)
- Complaints – If you believe that we are processing your personal information incorrectly, you can contact us to have your case reviewed. You also have the right to send a complaint directly to the data inspectorate in your country.
- Questions about legitimate interest – You have the right to object to the processing of personal information based on legitimate interest. This is if there are reasons in your specific case that speak against such processing. If there are legitimate reasons that outweigh the basis you provide upon objection to the processing, The Dating Scholarhas the right to continue the processing.
- Delete personal information – You have the right to request and get your personal information deleted. However, if there is a legal basis for continuing to store the data, you are not entitled to have the data deleted.
How to use your personal information rights
If you wish to exercise any of your rights according to the section above, you must first contact us by email at "email@example.com". The message must come from the email address you provided when you registered for a course, signed up for email, or the email address you used in previous contact with The Dating Scholar. We also need a phone number to be able to reach you and confirm your identity.
If you have questions about this policy or our processing of your personal information, please contact us by email at